First Step Installation.
Remove the incubator from the box and put it in the right position. The lid should be on top. You can choose to remove the white outer cover or leave it as it is.
Note: Maintaining the white cover helps the incubator retain warmth for a longer time in case of power blackouts.
Remove all the items inside the incubator and start organizing them as follows:
i) Doughnut shaped items (known as a humidifier) should be placed at the middle space of the incubator bottom. Its wire should pass through the side of the incubator to connect it with the black USB at the incubator lid floor.
Note: The humidifier (doughnut-shaped) should be connected on the 18th day of incubation.
ii) Place the white/ grey mesh-like tray (hatching tray) before any other tray. It is meant for placing eggs from the 18th day of hatching.
iii) Place the 1st yellow tray (setter tray) after placing the hatching tray.
iii) Organize the white transparent pieces to form a square-like box with the screws provided.
You can refer back to the way the bottom casing has been assembled. After assembling place it on top of the 1st casing.
Place the provided fan across the bottom part of the middle casing. The fan should be placed facing downwards such that its metallic frame is at the top side.
Iv) Place the 2nd yellow tray on top of the middle fan frame. The wires of 1st yellow tray, fan and 2nd yellow tray should be connected to the wires with white ends at the lid bottom part. Ensure the wires do not pass through the fan.
V) Other accessories:
- the white transparent bottle with blue syringe-like lid is for adding water to the incubator
-the yellow bucket like is a chick feeder and white-bowl like is connected with a black plate to make a baby chick drinker.
-The black torch is a candling torch that can check eggs on the 7th day of incubation to check the development of the embryo in the egg.
-the yellow loose small items are spares for the yellow tray. Store them well
Cables- there is an electric cable and battery cable provided for connection to power.
B: INCUBATION PROCESS & OPERATION
1. Connect the egg incubator to power. It has an electric side and a battery side. Use the power available for you but ensure you use the right cable for the right power available.
2. Let the incubator run on power for 15 minutes before putting water. The reading of temperature (0C) the top part of the display will start increasing gradually and the reading of humidity will start reducing during those 1st 15 minutes.
3. After running an incubator for 15 minutes, check the 3 yellow spaces at the bottom outer part of the incubator to fill one white bottle at the middle space then let the incubator run for 6 hours before setting the eggs.
Open your incubator and arrange eggs in the yellow trays with sharp part of the egg facing downwards. The broad egg of the eggs should face up.
Ensure the wires of yellow trays, as well as that of the middle fan, is well connected with ones at the incubator lid. Press the plus (+) sign to confirm trays are turning, then carefully close the incubator.
5. Water should be added one bottle one per day for the 1st eighteen (18) days at the middle yellow space.
6. At the end of the 18th day open incubator, disconnect the wires of yellow trays.
Transfer all the eggs to the white/hatcher tray and remove the yellow trays from the incubator. Remember to place a humidifier at the middle bottom part of the incubator.
7. From the 18th day, water is added to 2 bottles shared in the 3 yellow water spaces. DO NOT OPEN THE INCUBATOR AFTER THE 19TH DAY UNTIL CHICKS ARE HATCHED.
8. After the chicks hatch leave them there for 24-48 hours for them to dry and as well wait for others to hatch.