TEMPERATURE AND ITS EFFECTS ON EGG PRODUCTION
-The optimal laying temperature is between 11° and 26° C. A humidity level above 75 percent will cause a reduction in egg laying.
Effects of temperature increase:
* 11 - 26°C Layers have good production.
* 26 - 28°C .there is some reduction in feed intake.
* 28 - 32 °C Layers reduce feed consumption and increase water intake; eggs produced are of reduced size and thin shell.
* 32 - 35°C Start having Slight panting.
* 35 - 40 °C. Heat prostration sets in, measures to cool the house must be taken.
* 40 °C and above-Mortality due to heat stress.
-When the temperature rises above 28° C the production and quality of eggs decrease. Seasonal temperature increases can reduce egg production by about 10 percent.
-Extreme cold temperatures also lead to reduced eggs production.
For automatic drinkers and other poultry farming equipment Visit our shop in Nairobi, Development house 1st floor or reach us through 0716566544 or 0727474045